Camden Night Gardens:Rise Up
Camden Night Gardens is nighttime public arts festival that aims to foster community vibrancy through the arts. Presented by the City of Camden and Cooper’s Ferry Partnership, this highly anticipated event transforms underutilized open spaces with temporary light, sound, and projection installations to visually connect neighborhoods, engage the community, and attract visitors from the region.
Camden Night Gardens 2017 takes the theme RISE UP to build upon the spectacular community showcase that has become the essential kickoff to Camden's summer.
The Festival will be held on Saturday, May 20th, from 7:00 to 11:00 p.m. in Roosevelt Plaza Park (in front of Camden City Hall) at 520 Market Street in Camden. RISE UP is produced in collaboration with Wild Dogs International, a Brooklyn based art production studio. Camden Night Gardens is supported by the William Penn Foundation and the Kresge Foundation.
Highlights of Camden Night Gardens 'RISE UP' include:
- Legendary Philly DJ, Rich Medina will keep the dance party going
- A giant inflatable pavilion hosts an immersive cinema program on hip-hop heritage
- Break dancing workshops showcase the stars and teach tips to aspiring b-boys
- Local legends, the Camden High Marching Band, return for a syncopated spectacle
- NYC nightlife ninjas Nintemind and Wild Dogs team up to transform the park into a wonderland of light installations and projection mapping
- Community arts installations
- The area's best food trucks
- A car show to kick off the summer with style and swagger
So dress to impress, get out on the starlight dancefloor, and have some fun, Night Gardens style.